SolusVM Master software has 2 options to install: with management panel + OpenVZ hypervisor OR with management panel only
Master panel without hypervisor
Minimal hardware requirements:
Disk Storage: at least 80Gb
Specification below is for a huge master with thousands of clients. You can calculate your requirements accordingly.
- CPU cores: 2
- Memory: 4GB
- Storage: 80GB SSD
It will be able to serve the current specification:
- Number of accesses per hour by users: Less than 40
- Number of users registered in the database: More than 5000
- Number of slave nodes: More than 100
Master panel with OpenVZ hypervisor
Hardware should be tuned and adjusted depending on how many VPSes will be (or potentially can) be hosted on the KVM.
SolusVM Slave Software itself is rather modest in terms of the resource usage, it can be neglected.
The recommended hardware requirements for running OpenVZ are as follows:
• x86-64 platform with hardware virtualization support: Intel VT-x (with "unrestricted guest") or AMD-V,
Note: To check if the Intel processor supports the "unrestricted guest" feature: 1) Download
vmxcap.py from https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/scripts/kvm/vmxcap, 2) Run python
vmxcap.py | grep -i unrest. The result must be yes.
• CPU: at least 4 cores, a 64-bit processor is required for running 64-bit guest operating systems,
• RAM: 4 GB or more,
• HDD: 80 GB or more,
• SSD (optional): at least 80 GB
• Network: an Ethernet network adapter and a valid IP address.
The actual number of virtual machines and containers you can run on a physical server and their
performance depend on resources they will consume.
Refer to the official OpenVZ installation guides for the details.
OpenVZ 7(Virtuozzo 7):