- Deploy the new server and install Master SolusVM on it
- Backup the database of the source Master SolusVM, by browsing to SolusVM > Tools > Database and clicking on Download
- Parts of SolusVM Master database are encoded using a unique encryption key stored in /usr/local/solusvm/includes/solusvm.conf (see About solusvm.conf file on Master Node for the details). What you need to do now is to replace the encryption key (the last entry in solusvm.conf) on the new server with the encryption key from the old server.
Old server solusvm.conf file:
New server solusvm.conf file:
File on the new server after step 3:
- Upload the database backup file from step 2 to the new server and restore it as documented here: Restore from System Backup
- Move templates from the old server to the new one. The locations of templates are:
Copy SSL certificate from the old master node to the new one, certs are at
In case you are migrating from old SolusVM version with lighttpd web server running, SSL certificate location on the old server would be /usr/local/solusvm/ssl/
- In your client area reissue the license to reset the IP address binding.
- In Nodes > List nodes > Edit localhost node, replace the IP address with the new IP address of the master node.
- Remove the /usr/local/solusvm/data/allow.dat and /usr/local/solusvm/data/ftp.dat files on the every slave server right after the old master node is stopped.
- In case master server is integrated with WHMCS, change IP address of the master node at WHMCS > Product/Services > Servers.