- It is not possible to migrate OpenVZ container from SolusVM Master node using SolusVM interface. For such migration - proceed to Manual migration for OpenVZ containers.
- Due to differences between OpenVZ 6 and OpenVZ 7 - it is not possible to migrate from OpenVZ 7 node to OpenVZ 6 node.
In order to migrate a VPS (does not matter what virtualization) from one SolusVM slave node to other:
- Open SolusVM > Virtual Servers > VPS for migration > Migrate.
- Select the necessary configuration:
Destination node - the node where VPS should be migrated
Migrate Data - If "Yes" is selected - VPS will be migrated to another node. and location of the VPS will be changed to the new node in SolusVM interface.
If "No" is selected - VPS will not be migrated - its location will change to the new node in SolusVM interface only.
Compression - enabled compression for transferring VPS data.
Transfer Speed - limits network speed used for migration.
Transfer over Internal Network - enables transfer between nodes using an internal network. Both nodes have to have an internal IP address configured in node settings.
Automate on Success - if set to Yes - VPS on the source node is automatically deleted.
- Click on Start.
- Wait until the migration is finished.
Select what should be done at the end of the migration:
It is recommended to verify that migration is successful and select corresponding option before finishing migration.
- Click Confirm.
If there are any errors during migration consider to search for the solution on our Support Portal, as it can be documented already:
OpenVZ 6 to OpenVZ 7 migration is hung on 0%: Container start in progress, waiting ...
VPS migration failed: sh: ssh: command not found