All the slaves need to contact the master to get the MySQL updates and keep in sync. Once it's setup you will achieve instant DNSupdates across your cluster.
- Master Replication Setup
This part needs to be performed on the master dns server only.
2. Edit /etc/my.cnf
Edit /etc/my.cnf with the following settings:
3. MySQL Replication User
A new SQL user needs to be created on the master:
- After entering the SQL root password you get next information:
- Next we need some information from the masters SQL:
- You will see information below. Make a note of the File and Position values:
4. Slave Replication Setup
This part needs to be performed on the slave dns server(s) only.
5. Edit /etc/my.cnf
- Edit /etc/my.cnf with the following settings:
- Restart MySQL:
6. Request Replication Access from the Master
- Login to MySQL on the dns slave:
- After entering the password you get next information:
- You can see the status using the following command:
Replication is setup on the slave. Just follow the instructions again for any remaining dns slaves.